Are You Frustrated?
I’ve taught in almost every state in this country, and no matter where I go, there is one common theme that runs from Training level through Grand Prix. Riders tell me they’re just plain FRUSTRATED.
They’re frustrated because:
- Trainers tell them what to do but don’t tell them HOW to do it.
- No one explains things in a CLEAR, step-by-step, easy to understand training system.
- Training is often a struggle, exhausting, or a tug of war rather than a joyful process that creates a happy, athletic horse.
- They can’t get their horses consistently on the bit.
- They can’t afford to work with a trainer on a regular basis.
- There aren’t any decent trainers in their area.
- They can’t afford a warmblood so they think training will be more difficult with their Quarter horse. (Arabian, Haflinger. Friesian, Morgan, Saddlebred, Fjord, Thoroughbred etc)
- Negative emotions like FEAR, INSECURITY, and ANGER prevent them from fully enjoying their horses.
I’ve developed my books, DVDs, CDs, and training programs because I totally understand your frustration. When I began my dressage career, I started with a broken down racehorse with a bowed tendon. He cost me a whopping $500 (my life savings at the time). It took me a year and a half to be able to canter this horse without him running away with me!
I was so broke; my training consisted of only 2 things:
The book “Complete Training of Horse and Rider” by Alois Podhajsky and one clinic a year with Cindy Sydnor. (That’s 2 lessons/year!)
I didn’t own a truck or trailer so I had to borrow them to drive to Massachusetts for my lessons with Cindy. Cindy was gracious enough to let me pay her with the spare change from my waitressing tips!
I struggled with show nerves and insecurity. (Lots sleepless nights before a show and LOTS of time spent in the Port-O-Let!)
I created my products for you because I was as frustrated then as you are now. Here’s what you’ll find and MORE (including a FREE newsletter with a high content training article each month) on this site.
- Training books and DVDs that break things down so clearly that you know exactly how to use each seat bone, leg, and hand for every movement, transition and exercise.
CDs and books to help you deal with your own mental monsters so you can have FUN!
- Training programs (video lessons, mentoring, coaching programs, seminars) so that you’ll NEVER AGAIN feel like you’re out there on your own. I’m there for you to help you through your training challenges – both emotionally and with your horse.
I get excited when people just like you tell me how helpful these tools have been to them. (By the way, I got so excited by your feedback that I’ve developed a HUGE home study course called The Happy Horse Guide and Happy Horse Solutions that includes 35 DVD lessons, 33 CD lectures and two printed manuals.)
And to show you just how user-friendly this program is for all riders with any type of horse, I used only one warmblood during production. My cast of stars includes my beloved Friesian, Menno PM, Colby, the Percheron, Sigmund Freud, the Haflinger, Twinkie, The Paint, and Valentino, the Thoroughbred.
Anyhow, back to the letters. Here’s just a sampling of what I’ve been hearing.
Stacy Wilson, Maryland
Heidi Jo Hauri-Gill, Enfield, New Hampshire
Cindy Strate, Weybridge, Vermont
Dale Shields, New Hampshire
Char Cutforth, Strafford, VT
Gail George, Burekup, Western Australia
Jody Kiefer, Colchester, Vermont
Carrie Wehle, Scottsville, NY
Sally Dutton, Winsted, Connecticut
Are you sick and tired of complicated and confusing training techniques? Are you frustrated by negative emotions like fear and lack of confidence? Would you like to be trained by a Three Time Olympic coach?
To find out more about how I can help you, click here.